Recently I’ve been slowly starting to swap out products I regularly use for more natural alternatives. I’ve always loved making homemade natural body products, as demonstrated with this matcha green tea coconut body scrub that I whipped up a while back. I love using body scrubs, but body washes or soap are what I use daily. So it was only natural to make a homemade body wash!
This body wash is so easy to make and it will leave your skin feeling soft and smooth. I love citrus scents so I incorporated orange essential oil into the body wash. You could substitute the orange for your scent of choice. I love using coconut oil in homemade beauty products as it moisturizes nicely and smells heavenly. Although, the citrus scent is dominant in this body wash. After using it, my body is left feeling soft and silky and that’s why I love using coconut oil in the recipe!
Honey has antibacterial properties so it’s a great addition to a body wash. Castile soap is another ingredient that has many uses! It’s environmentally friendly and is extremely versatile.
If you’re looking to make a very easy homemade natural body wash, give this recipe a try! I feel it’s better than store bought body washes and it’s cheap to make.
- 1 cup liquid Castile soap
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1/2 cup coconut oil
- 2 tablespoons orange essential oil
- Mix all of the ingredients in a bowl. If your coconut oil has solidified, be sure to microwave it prior to mixing with the other ingredients.
- Transfer mixture into a soap pump or container, then you’re all set!
- Prior to using, shake the body wash to incorporate the honey with the mixture. It will separate, all you need to do is shake prior to use.
What homemade natural beauty product should I make next? Let me know in a comment!