Fall is such a lovely time of year. With the changing of season come changes at home. One change I have always been excited for is a fall wardrobe refresh. I see tons of fall wardrobe guides online. One of the many areas I’m trying to improve in my own life is by purchasing more ethically made goods. As I work to make more changes in my own life, I thought it would be nice to share a fall capsule wardrobe completely made up of ethically made items. It can be hard navigating shopping and finding goods that are ethically made. There are other store options that do not come at the expense of others. I hope this ethical fall capsule wardrobe helps showcase to others that there are affordable, high quality clothing options that are ethically made.
- Plain t-shirt: T-shirts are a classic wardrobe staple that everyone should have. They’re a good basic that can be dressed up and down and styled in many different ways. They’re a good canvas for many outfits.
- Long sleeve bodysuit: They’ve become popular in recent years due to them having such a flattering fit.
- Silk top: A silk top is a classic piece that will go with jeans, a pencil skirt, slim pants and more.
- Button down shirt: Button down shirts have been a long standing classic for men and women alike.
- Long cardigan: If you’re like me, even if you don’t live in an area with cold weather, you work in a freezing cold office. I always have a cardigan with me anytime I leave my house. They are functional and also are a great layering piece.
- Cashmere sweater: A high-quality cashmere sweater will last a long time. I prefer crewneck sweaters for the additional warmth.
- Cotton turtleneck: They make you look sleek and put together and can be layered nicely.
- Skinny jeans: Skinny jeans have been my go-to for years. I dress them up and down and wear them on a weekly basis. They are flattering and when they have some stretch, they’re very comfortable.
- Straight leg pant: A staple for many chic women, think Audrey Hepburn. You can’t go wrong with a form fitting straight leg pant.
- Blazer: A blazer has the capability to instantly polish an outfit.
- Classic trench coat: Trench coats have been around since the 1850s. Designed for function but now a sophisticated piece.
- Jean jacket: I live in my jean jacket! I have a lighter more casual jean jacket and a dark wash that’s a bit more dressy.
- Sandals: A nice pair of sandals can last from spring through fall. They’re especially a good piece to have for changing seasons.
- Classic Pair of flats: I wear flats on almost a daily basis. They can be worn to work and at most day-to-day occasions. A quality pair will last for years to come.
- Clutch: I love clutches for when I have a lighter load and I also like them for the evening. A clutch is a nice opportunity for a statement piece for an evening look.
- Cross body bag: Cross body bags are another go-to. I love being hands free with a cross body bag.
- Layering necklaces:
- Link Collar Necklace: I’ve been really in to the look of link jewelry. This simple gold necklace will be a staple.
- Spheres necklace: This necklace is the perfect layering piece. You can wear it on its own or with a number of other necklaces.
- Leather tote: I have a few totes and love them. Totes are my go-to, day-to-day bag.
- Sunglasses: I never leave home without sunglasses. I especially love tortoise sunglasses, they are so chic and go with everything.
- Wrist watch: A cute, stylish watch that will go with every outfit.
What’s in your fall capsule wardrobe? Are there any ethical stores you love shopping at?