For those who know me, they know how ridiculously often I make chocolate chip cookies! They’re one of my favorite desserts to make: simple, delicious and classic! I’ve tried out a number of different recipes over the years and this one to date is the best chocolate chip cookie recipe! I’ve improved a lot since my early days of baking after some major baking bone ups, I once added 2 cups of salt instead of sugar to cookies… I was a kid! This recipe is by far one of my favorites. I found this recipe from the Queen of DIY, Martha Stewart. I trust most recipes that come from her and this one does not disappoint!
The cookies are soft on the inside with a slight crisp on the outside. They’re loaded with two kinds of chocolate: milk chocolate chips and semisweet chunks! For anyone who is super in to texture like me, you will appreciate having those two forms of chocolate. Simply put, these chocolate chip cookies are THE BEST.
Read on for the recipe and watch the video below to see just how easy these are to make!
- 3 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/4 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 1/4 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 teaspoons coarse salt
- 1 1/4 cups (2 1/2 sticks) unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1 1/2 cups packed light-brown sugar
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 1/2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 1 1/4 cups milk chocolate chips
- 8 ounces semisweet chocolate, chopped
- Whisk together the flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt in a medium sized bowl.
- Beat butter and sugars in a large bowl until light and fluffy. You can do this by hand or with an electric mixer on medium-high speed.
- Beat in eggs, one at a time. If using an electric mixer, reduce speed to medium-low.
- Mix in vanilla.
- Add the flour mixture until just incorporated.
- Fold in chocolate chips and chunks.
- With a large spoon, drop eight balls of dough evenly onto a Silpat baking mat-lined tray (you can also use parchment). For larger cookies, be sure to only place six balls of dough on the tray to ensure there’s enough space for them to spread.
- Refrigerate dough for 1 hour.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Bake cookies until edges are light golden brown, about 16 to 18 minutes. Rotate sheet halfway through so the cookies bake evenly.
- Transfer cookies to a wire rack and let cool.
- Bake the remaining dough with a clean Silpat baking mat or fresh parchment. If you want to save the dough, form the dough in to balls and refrigerate on a tray until firm. Once firm, transfer balls of dough to an airtight container, then freeze. Slightly de-thaw dough before baking.
Do you have a go-to chocolate chip cookie recipe? I love trying out new recipes and I’m always on the hunt for THE BEST chocolate chip cookie recipe! Please share them with me in the comments.